As a business owner, it can sometimes be difficult to bring customers back to their shopping carts. Nowadays, the average shopping cart abandonment rate is 70% according to the latest statistics worldwide.
Now in all fairness to the e-commerce industry, most of the cart abandonments are simply a natural consequence of the user behavior while browsing e-commerce sites. People tend to compare prices, to save items for later and to explore different options while window shopping. These are largely unavoidable cart and checkout abandonments. Many online shoppers admitted that they have abandoned online carts because they were just browsing and not being ready to buy.
But if we choose to look at the remaining reasons for abandonments, we will discover that many online shoppers abandon the checkout flow because of the: high extra costs that may occur such as shipping, tax or fees, account creation need, long or complicated checkout process, the missing total order cost in real time, slow delivery, site errors, returns policies, mistrust in sharing the credit card information etc. To thrive in such a fragile environment, make sure you start solving the above issues. Many of them can be fixed purely through design changes. A well-designed abandoned cart notification will re-engage potential customers, returning them to their shopping cart and closing seemingly lost sales.
The solution? Favicon Cart notification will do it for you. Here’s how it works:
1. Install & use Sticky tools for FREE for your own Shopify online store. Get started here! Your online store will instantly UPGRADE by showing the floating bar in the right side (or below for mobile).
2. Start testing Favicon Cart notification by adding products to your shopping cart. If you add one or more products, the browsing tab name will show in a red circle the total number of added products. Even more than that, if you’ll open a new tab next to it, the red circle will start to flicker in order to notify & remind you of them.
3. Let your customers enjoy the Favicon Cart notification! It’s the helpful reminder that any online shopper ever needed. So, let it be incorporated as part of your everyday sales process.
Benefits of Favicon Cart notification
- Bring customers back to the online shopping cart
- Draws attention to your store
- Generates more sales
Have you already tried it? Leave your comments below.